none
How can I add the tool for deveopping Office 365 on my visual studio enterprise 2017? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need some help.

I'm almost going creazy finding a way to start developping a hello world  using Apps (O365).

How can I add the VSTO deature on my visual studio entreprise 2017 ?

Kind regards.

Claude

Friday, October 27, 2017 1:02 PM

Answers

• Hi csi-bxl,

yes, this is the expected result.

you can see the Office related templates for VSTO and App for Office.

now you can create the desire project as per your requirement.

if your issue is solved now then I suggest you to mark the suggestion as answer which helped you to solve the issue.

so that we can close this thread and in future it will help to other community members who will meet with same kind of issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi csi-bxl,

it is possible that you did not VSTO Office development tools , when you install the Visual Studio.

so to add the VSTO Office development tools you can follow the steps below.

(1) Go to Control Panel.

(2) Open Program and Features.

(3) Find the Visual Studio 2017. right click on it and select "Change".

(4) then click on modify button.

it will open window like below. find the "Office/ SharePoint development".

and check that option.

install it and restart the Visual Studio.

it will show you VSTO Templates in the C# and VB language tab for creating a new project.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 30, 2017 1:40 AM
  • Hi csi-bxl,

is your issue resolved?

I find that you did not done any follow up after creating the this thread.

if your issue is solved then i suggest you to post the solution and mark it as an answer.

if your issue is still exist then refer the suggestion i provided you in my last reply.

if then also you have any further question then let me know about it.

i will try to provide you further suggestion to solve the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 8:53 AM
  • Hello,

Sorry for the delay, I'll try I now and keep you in touch.

Kind regards.

Claude

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 8:59 AM
  • Hello,

I got any "Change" choice when I go to  "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features", I got just "Uninstall".

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:04 AM
  • Hi csi-bxl,

please check that you are checking the correct Application.

there are many other application get installed with Visual Studio which has same icon like Visual Studio.

if you just select the Visual Studio then also it will show the two options in the bar at the top of the control panel.

if possible then you can try to post the picture of it.

it will help us to better understand the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:09 AM
  • Thank you for helping,

Here is the picture...

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:22 AM
  • Hi csi-bxl,

another way is available to modify the installation.

Go to Start Menu.

find the "Visual Studio Installer".

open it and click on modify and follow the steps mentioned in my first post.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:30 AM
  • Is this the result expected?

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:42 AM
  • Hi csi-bxl,

yes, this is the expected result.

you can see the Office related templates for VSTO and App for Office.

now you can create the desire project as per your requirement.

if your issue is solved now then I suggest you to mark the suggestion as answer which helped you to solve the issue.

so that we can close this thread and in future it will help to other community members who will meet with same kind of issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:45 AM
  • Kind regards for your help.

Problem solved.

Claude

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:50 AM