TF401019: The Git repository with name or ...does not exist RRS feed

• Question

• Running 2013.4 for months now in enterprise, multi-tier TFS environment.  I administer TFS for the org but encountered this error yesterday in my own TFS Git repo while developing and trying access TFS repo.

TF401019: The Git repository with name or identifier <Appname> does not exist or you do not have permissions for the operation you are attempting.

I've only found 1 reference to this error online in Microsoft Connect where I posted comment and screen shots: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/911922/git-repos-only-occassionally-available

Help?

Friday, March 20, 2015 2:35 PM

Answers

• This has been resolved.  Issue was Collection Admin rights on the repo had been set to 'Disallow'.
    • Marked as answer by jdlaw64 Monday, March 23, 2015 1:58 AM
    Monday, March 23, 2015 1:58 AM

All replies

• Running 2013.4 for months now in enterprise, multi-tier TFS environment.  I administer TFS for the org but encountered this error yesterday in my own TFS Git repo while developing and trying access TFS repo.

TF401019: The Git repository with name or identifier <Appname> does not exist or you do not have permissions for the operation you are attempting.

I've only found 1 reference to this error online in Microsoft Connect where I posted comment and screen shots: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/911922/git-repos-only-occassionally-available

Help?

Friday, March 20, 2015 4:44 PM
  • This has been resolved.  Issue was Collection Admin rights on the repo had been set to 'Disallow'.
    • Marked as answer by jdlaw64 Monday, March 23, 2015 1:58 AM
    Monday, March 23, 2015 1:58 AM
  • Hi Jdlaw64,  

Thanks for your post.

And thank you for sharing your experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members having the similar questions.

All your participation and support are very important to build such harmonious/ pleasant / learning environment for MSDN community.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 23, 2015 5:36 AM
  • I'm getting this same error. If you're still around, can you explain how to find the "Collection Admin rights" options so I can change it from "Disallow"?
    Sunday, September 27, 2015 1:11 PM
  • The settings are accessible in the web admin interface for the TFS project via the gear-looking icon.

Think the settings are under the "Version Control" tab but going from memory right now.

Sunday, September 27, 2015 6:38 PM
  • I fixed this issue, by removing the Token credentials for git in Windows "Credential Manager" at Control Panel\User Accounts\Credential Manager. The next time I tried to connect I was asked for visualstudio.com credentials and the cloning succeed.

Hope it helps

• Edited by johnccr Friday, November 24, 2017 10:35 PM
    Friday, November 24, 2017 10:31 PM