none
Wpf Desktop Sharing Application for XP

Question

• Hi all,

I am about to create a WPF Desktop Sharing Application for Xp.  However, I would need to connect using internet and not in LAN.  Please help me on how to start and where to start. I have already have some links which connects through "RDPECOMM.dll" Via "RIAInivation"  on Vista and Windows 7. Any Idea on WPF with XP would be great.

Thanks
    Manoj

Thursday, February 11, 2010 11:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Manoj,

I think the key problem here isn't quite related to WPF. If you want to create such an application that is able to be connected via Internet, one major problem would be "how are you going to get through the firewalls?".

And it looks like you are trying to use the Windows Desktop Sharing API, which is a new feature as part of Windows Vista, so I don't think you can use it in Windows XP.

Can you describe more about what you want to achieve with your application?

Regards,
    Jie
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have any feedback, please tell us.

The All-In-One Code Framework Project
    My Blog (in Simplified Chinese)
    Friday, February 12, 2010 10:35 AM
  • hi wang,

thanks for replying, my objective is as follows,

1) i have to create an application that will share my desktop with my friends , similar to TeamViewer (or) Logmein .. etc. i need to create a simplified version with some customizations.

" it looks like you are trying to use the Windows Desktop Sharing API, which is a new feature as part of Windows Vista, so I don't think you can use it in Windows XP."

2) yes,i have a program developed using WF and its working in vista which uses Windows Desktop Sharing API, le me know is there a way to connect xp machines .. also its not necessary that it need to be in wpf.

thanks,
    manojkumar.G
    Friday, February 12, 2010 10:47 AM
  • The closest thing I can found is the Remote Desktop ActiveX Control, but I doubt if that meets your requirement. Anyway, you may want to take a look.

Regards,
    Jie
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have any feedback, please tell us.

The All-In-One Code Framework Project
    My Blog (in Simplified Chinese)
    • Marked as answer by mac.manoj Monday, September 5, 2011 2:14 AM
    Friday, February 19, 2010 7:54 AM