none
Announcing MSDN Code Gallery Retirement RRS feed

• General discussion

• Announcing MSDN Code Gallery Retirement 08-05-2019

This post was written by April Speight, Senior Program Manager, Interactive Features.

• The MSDN Code Gallery has served as the platform for browsing and submitting developer sample code. However, we have come to recognize areas of improvement for the code gallery experience to include:
    • No source control for code
    • Not responsive on mobile
    • Hard to manage releases
    • No way for the community to contribute to samples

Given the recent launch of the new code samples experience, we are beginning the process to retire the MSDN Code Gallery.

Sunsetting gallery 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:34 AM

All replies

• The problem with this is that it means millions of web links will go dead.  Tim Berners-Lee argued that a URL should be valid forever.  That's not hard to do, but it's a rule that Microsoft has violated repeatedly..  It wouldn't cost anything for Microsoft to maintain the MSDN Code Gallery in a frozen state, just so Google searches and old forum posts don't end up pointing into empty space.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:13 PM
  • I am making this sticky post for time being.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:25 AM