none
MSBuild giving error in Windows 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting following error while MSBuild runs via npm. The command I am using is 

npm install -g ethereumjs-testrpc 

I am having Windows Server 2012 R2, Visual Studio 2015 community edition, Python 2.7.11

Thanks.

----------- The Error Message I am getting is ---------------------------

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Platforms\x64\PlatformTo
    olsets\v140\Toolset.targets(36,5): error MSB8036: The Windows SDK version 8.1 w
    as not found. Install the required version of Windows SDK or change the SDK ver
    sion in the project property pages or by right-clicking the solution and select
    ing "Retarget solution". [C:\Users\119078\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\ethe
    reumjs-testrpc\node_modules\secp256k1\build\secp256k1.vcxproj]

MB

Monday, April 18, 2016 1:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Moinak,

>> error MSB8036: The Windows SDK version 8.1 was not found. Install the required version of Windows SDK or change the SDK version in the project property pages or by right-clicking the solution and selecting "Retarget solution".

As the error message says, you could try installing the windows sdk 8.1 from below link to solve this problem.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/windows-8-1-sdk

>>I am getting following error while MSBuild runs via npm. The command I am using is

>>npm install -g ethereumjs-testrpc

Besides, this forum is about usage of .net MSBuild tool, as your issue is more related to the npm which is a third party product, you’d better post yours issue in the right forum for better support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 8:59 AM