none
The target process exited warning popup in VS 2019.

Question

• Recently, in one of our system VS 2019 was installed.

Whenever we run an existing project, it gives warning popup "The target process exited without raising a CoreCLR started event. Ensure that the target process is configured to use .NET Core. This may be expected if the target process did not run on .NET Core.".

There was no such warning when this project is run in VS 2017.

The solution I opened has UWP (startup project) and Console projects in .Net Framework and there is NO .Net Core application.

Please suggest how to fix it or disable this warning.

sandeep chauhan

Monday, May 13, 2019 12:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Dylan

The issue got resolved when I upgraded Vs 2019 to version 16.1.0

Anyway thanks for you support.

Regards

Sandeep

sandeep chauhan

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 7:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Sandeep_chauhan,

Sorry for delay in reply.

According to your description, it seems that the .NET Core doesn't install correctly.

.NET Core is a cross-platform version of .NET for building websites, services, and console apps. So please download .net core to re-install it.

If there is any update information, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:55 AM
  • Hi Dylan

Thanks for reply!

Why there should be popup related to .Net Core when I am not running any .Net Core application?

Anyway, I installed .Net Core SDK 2.2, 2.1 and 1.1 versions but the popup still comes. I don't have other problems.

Regards,

Sandeep

sandeep chauhan

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:28 PM
  • Hi Sandeep_chauhan,

Thank you for reply.

The .Net Core is a version for building console app and etc. After experiment, I could not reproduce this issue in my side. So if possible, I will appreciate that you could share a sample using onedrive and github, then I will download and run it for better troubleshooting.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 16, 2019 10:45 AM
  • Thanks Dylan!

I observed that this popup comes with VS 2019 when code calls "FullTrustProcessLauncher.LaunchFullTrustProcessForCurrentAppAsync" method.

We have used full trust capability in our application, which launches a console application in .Net framework. 

We were not getting this popup in VS 2017. 

Please suggest.

Regards

Sandeep Chauhan

sandeep chauhan

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:26 AM
  • Hi Dylan

The issue got resolved when I upgraded Vs 2019 to version 16.1.0

Anyway thanks for you support.

Regards

Sandeep

sandeep chauhan

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 7:22 AM