none
Web performance testing issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I've hit a brick wall with a simple web performance test I've created and hoping someone out there could possibly come to the rescue (Hasselhoff Baywatch style).

Test premise...

Login to web app under 5 different users -> Loop through 5 different reports under each user -> Logout

Test issue...

The issue I'm facing is that I'm unable to figure out how to run the test so it cycles through each user as well as looping through the 5 desired reports for each of these users before logging out.

Any suggestions would be most definitely welcome.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 10:41 AM

Answers

• We need to know more to help you. What does "loop through 5 different reports" imply? How complex or easy is each report? How many requests does one report need? How similar or different are the request needed for the different reports?

One option, data drive the test by user who login. Write the test with seven steps: (1) login; (2) the first report; (3 to 6) the other reports; (7) logout.

Perhaps one report is difficult and/or needs several requests, but all five reports are almost identical. In this case, use a web test loop for the five iterations and check the context parameters to find the loop index. Use the loop index to choose the parameters of the report. You may need to write a plugin to convert the loop index into values saved in context parameters for use in the requests.

Regards

Adrian

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 11:37 AM