none
Visual Studio Team Services

Question

• Question 1 : We perform CI/CD via VSTS, when build is made, so a drive d:\1\s is shown, so what is this path ? and where is it ? I used the hosted agent Hosted2017. where is the agent path. I saw in my harddisk, it is not there, so where is this path ?

also there found error itext.dll during build preparation via VSTS, so how will it be fixed, where should this nuget be installed, is it to be installed on the system where vsts is running or where ?   also it is showing path of tfs like \\tfs2017\....

why is this path of tfs showing when vsts is doing this ?

Question 2:

During deployment via vsts, is the bandwith of vsts will be used or our network bandwidth will be used from where vsts is running via our browser google chrom or firefox ?

I request to answer these two questions ? will be very much thankful to you.

Sunday, March 04, 2018 7:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Mohibuddin,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

The first question:

>>>I used the hosted agent Hosted2017. where is the agent path. I saw in my harddisk, it is not there, so where is this path ?

That is because you are using the hosted agent, the build is deployed on the server of Microsoft. So you could not find the path on your hard disk. If you want see the agent path on your hard disk, you can use the Private agents.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts/build-release/actions/agents/v2-windows

>>>During deployment via vsts, is the bandwith of vsts will be used or our network bandwidth will be used from where vsts is running via our browser google chrom or firefox ?

The answer is yes. Since the VSTS is a web build server, it needs to use your network bandwidth.

Besides, this forum is about MSBuild(Discuss the Microsoft build engine aka MSBuild. Topics including: usage of MSBuild, build customization, and MSBuild extensibility via tasks, loggers and hosting.), if you have more question about VSTS and TFS, I suggest that you can open a thread with VSTS, TFS tag on the stackoverflow for better support.

If you have some MSBuild questions, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 05, 2018 8:47 AM