none
Saving a edited record leaves IE-browser "on hold" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I edit a record in my LS - applications during debugging and save the changes, my IE11-browser ( local host ) on my laptop  keeps showing the hourglass...Killing the browser and restarting the application shows that the changes are saved.I've tried several applications made by myself and other developers but the problem remains.

So am I correct in assuming that my browsersettings are the problem and what can I do to resolve the problem?

Ruud Jeursen

Sunday, December 14, 2014 4:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Angie,

Thanks for your reply and your proposal. Good idea.

I'll close this issue here and open one in the forum you suggested!

Best regards,

Ruud

• Marked as answer by Ruud Jeursen Tuesday, December 30, 2014 11:08 AM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 11:08 AM

All replies

• Hoi Ruud,

Do you have the problem only with IE 11 and not with Chrome or FireFox?

What you can do is (in IE) active the development tools by pressing F12, in the network tab you can check if the app is maybe waiting on a server response.

paul.

paul van bladel ==independent enterprise application architect== http://blog.pragmaswitch.com

Sunday, December 14, 2014 6:59 PM
  • Hey Paul,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I tried Firefox today and the problem occurs there too!

In IE I pressed F12 and the Console-tab gives back:  SCRIPT7002: XMLHttpRequest: Netwerkfout 0x2eff, Kan deze bewerking niet voltooien door fout 00002eff. After awhile I get the message "Saved operation failed" Request failed with statuscode "0" and status text "Accepted". So what can I do next?

Regards, Ruud

Monday, December 15, 2014 11:48 AM
  • ok, so we are closer, but unfortunately google doesn't say too much about  this specific error code, unless that it might have to do something with "port redirection". Can you use your browser in a "normal" way? Anyhow, it will be specific to your machine.

paul van bladel ==independent enterprise application architect== http://blog.pragmaswitch.com

Monday, December 15, 2014 12:27 PM
  • So far I've concluded that:

• the problem: changes made in a record are saved, but the add/edit-form doesn't close
    • the problem occurs in IE11, Chrome and FireFox
    • it occurs in all my LS-apps, also those hosted in Azure
    • it occurs in both desktop-client en HTML-client apps
    • it occurs on my machine (stand-alone laptop with Windows 7)
    • F12 in IE11 finally returns : "SCRIPT7002: XMLHttpRequest: Netwerkfout 0x2eff, Kan deze bewerking niet voltooien door fout 00002eff."
    • IE11 works in a normal way

I haven't a clue what to do next or where to look.

Monday, December 15, 2014 2:58 PM
  • but I guess it happens only on your machine? When connecting to such an app deployed to azure from another machine what happens?

Monday, December 15, 2014 8:30 PM
  • Ruud, 

And the other way around... This is one of my sample apps, what happens if you connect from your laptop?

http://app.pragmaswitch.com/crudgrid/htmlclient

cheers

paul

Monday, December 15, 2014 8:32 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks for your suggestions.

We now narrowed it down to my machine: on another laptop (windows 8.1) and tablet (browser on Android) both your app and mine gave no problems: an edited record is saved and the form closes.

So: if it's not a specific browser (see above) than something else is causing this issue. So far it beats me....

Do you have any idea?

Ruud

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 8:59 AM
  • Ruud,

Maybe firewall issue?

Try to disable local firewall for a minute?

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 9:15 AM
  • Paul,

I disabled my firewall and anti-virus: no result.

Cleaned cache & history on IE11, cleaned registry and pc and restart: no result

Tried Chrome again: same issue remains.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 10:48 AM
  • Paul,

Did another attempt: I've got an secured IronKey USB stick with a separate Firefox-browser and started a session from this stick on my machine: opened my LS app on azure and edited and saved a record and the form closed !! Did the same on your app and again no problem.

Weird !!

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, December 25, 2014 8:06 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ruud Jeursen Friday, December 26, 2014 11:00 AM
    Tuesday, December 16, 2014 11:19 AM
  • Paul,

Did another attempt: I've got an secured IronKey USB stick with a separate Firefox-browser and started a session from this stick on my machine: opened my LS app on azure and edited and saved a record and the form closed !! Did the same on your app and again no problem.

Weird !!

The problem still remains.

Has anyone have had this problem earlier and found a solution to it ?

I'm still in the dark!

Ruud

Friday, December 26, 2014 11:02 AM
  • Paul,

Weird !!

HI Ruud,

From your description above, I think this issue is related to your OS, perhaps Windows Server forum is more suitable for this issue, Windows experts can give some diagnosis method for your OS.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:22 AM
  • Hi Angie,

Thanks for your reply and your proposal. Good idea.

I'll close this issue here and open one in the forum you suggested!

Best regards,

Ruud

• Marked as answer by Ruud Jeursen Tuesday, December 30, 2014 11:08 AM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 11:08 AM