none
Visual Studio 2017 .NET Core templates missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I tried almost all suggestions I found online in order to get the .NET Core templates to appear in my instance of VS 2017, but it's still not working.

I tried following all steps from here: https://www.microsoft.com/net/learn/get-started/windows

I can create a .NET application using the command-line but I want to have the templates in VS. 

All suggestions I found did not work. 

Cheers,

Costin 

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 8:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Costin,

Thanks for your posting.

The .net core templates you mentioned above are these below?

May I ask if you've selected the components via Visual Studio Installer:

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:04 AM
  • Hi cosmoto91,

Not get your response for several days, do you resolve this issue? Could you find the .NET Core project template in your VS now?

Like Fletch's suggestion, you need to make sure that you really installed the specific .net core package during you install the VS, or you could re-start the VS installer, and re-enable the specific package during the setup wizard.

If still no help, please repair your VS, and then restart your machine, check it again.

If you get any latest information, feel free to share it here.

Best Regards,

Jack 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 6, 2018 8:09 AM
  • Hi Fletcher!

I have this problem too.

Yes, i installed .NET Core cross-paltform development and after installing -  templates are available(Console and others), but after reboting the computer there are only a few templates left .

Sorry, i cant upload image - MSDN politics...

• Edited by Existimatio Friday, December 6, 2019 12:07 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 3:14 PM