none
Visual Studio Design Is Blank But Labels and Panels Still Show Up In Code With No Errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having an issue where Visual Studio 2019 shows a window in my program in the design window. It is showing up as a blank window but the panels and labels that I have placed still show up as still in use but when I go to debug the program I get errors that basically tell me that there are no such items.

I did not delete anything and this happened when I saved the file and then tried to debug the program.

What is going on and how can I fix this?

Thanks!

Saturday, November 23, 2019 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Austin Althouse, 

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I have something to confirm with you. Could you tell me what is your project type? If possible, could you share me some screenshots about the error when debugging? I suggest you could restart your Visual Studio 2019 and open your project again.

In addition, I suppose the issue is caused by your Visual Studio Version. You could try to update your VS2019 to latest version.

BTW, was your project created by yourself or imported from others? Please make sure that workloads required for your project are installed.

Hope all above will help you and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, November 25, 2019 10:45 AM
  • Hi Austin,

Do you have any update?

I consider there might be something wrong with the connection between your codes and designer files.

I suggest you could check the proj file of your project from right-click your project -> Unload project -> Edit [app name].XXproj file. And please make sure these code lines are like below then right-click proj file and choose Reload project. (note: I use WinForm project for an example)

<Compile Include="Form1.cs">

<SubType>Form</SubType>

</Compile>

<Compile Include="Form1.Designer.cs">

<DependentUpon>Form1.cs</DependentUpon>

</Compile>

<EmbeddedResource Include="Form1.resx">

<DependentUpon>Form1.cs</DependentUpon>

</EmbeddedResource>

Please check and confirm the <DependentUpon>Form1.cs</DependentUpon> code lines are correct.

If this issue persists, I suggest you could create a new project and check if you could see the control this time. This will be helpful to figure out if this issue is caused by Visual Studio or just the configuration of the project.

Hope all above could help you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:12 AM
  • Hi Austin Althouse

Sorry to disturb you.

Are our suggestions useful for you to solve your issue?

If my reply doesn’t work, please feel free to contact us, we can help you research it again.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, November 29, 2019 7:58 AM