none
Webbrowser Control Blocking Executing of component RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello Community,

    I have looked at different topics that address problems almost like the one I am having, but not one yet that provided me with the answer to the problem I'm having.

    I'm building a (WPF) application that is using a webbrowser control with as only option RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality". I am executing WebBrowser.Navigate(URL) to go to a certain site. This site uses an ActiveX component named "DynamicWebTwainCtrl.dll". It uses that component to control the ID scanner connected (via USB) to my PC. 

    When I use a "Normal" IE (11) browser to browse to this site, there's no problem, everything works well. When I try to do the same in de Integrated Webbrowser control, it shows the famous message "This website wants to install the following component: DynamicWebTwain..." (Translated from Dutch, don't know exactly what it says in English). This tells me that for whatever reason the website can not address the DLL, already installed (and yes also registered) on my PC. When I use the scanner (offcourse) it shows an error and the process freezes.

    Because I have watched many posts that describe problems that are simular, I have allready tried some things:

    - I have made sure that also in the webbrowser control I'm using IE 11 (FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION = 11000/11001)
    - I have "Played" with different other settings ("FEATURE_BLOCK_LMZ_OBJECT", "FEATURE_BLOCK_LMZ_SCRIPT", "FEATURE_BLOCK_LMZ_IMG", "FEATURE_RESTRICT_ACTIVEXINSTALL", "FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN", "FEATURE_ACTIVEX_REPURPOSEDETECTION", "FEATURE_OBJECT_CACHING", "FEATURE_SAFE_BINDTOOBJECT"). I have set the BLOCK items on 0, but I have also tried setting all these parameters to their default value (like shown at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee330720(v=vs.85).aspx). Up to now, nothing has worked.

    So my questions are:

    1) Did anyone out here ever experienced the same problems 

    2) If so, does anyone have a solution to this probnlem?

    3) Does anyone know how to set all the Feature* parameters to the default (Internet Explorer) setting? Maybe in this way the webbrowser control will act exactly like my (external) IE browser and let the driver do it's work.

    Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

    Thursday, August 18, 2016 6:40 AM

All replies

  • Hi MEMolina,

    This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

    Since your problem is more related to Webbrowser control in WPF application, I help you move this thread to WPF forum for a better help. Thanks for your understanding.

    Best Regards,
    Weiwei


    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

    Friday, August 19, 2016 3:04 AM
  • Hello Weiwei,

    No problem, thank you for the help. 

    Kind regards

    MEMolina

    Friday, August 19, 2016 8:58 AM
  • >>Did anyone out here ever experienced the same problems

    No but you could try the suggestions from the following thread: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/f73bb9fa-3252-4c7e-b8e4-6cdad59fd825/wpf-webbrowser-control-allow-blocked-content-setting?forum=wpf

    Another option may be to consider try using another, third-party, web browser control. Awesomium is an alternative that supports the latest web standards such as HTML5 and CSS3. You may want to check it out: https://awesomium.codeplex.com/. Please note that if have any questions about this control, you should ask the manufacturer directly or start a new thread at Codeplex since these forums are intended for Microsoft's products and technologies only:  https://awesomium.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic.

    Hope that helps.

    Please remember to close your threads by marking helpful posts as answer and then start a new thread if you have a new question. Please don't ask several questions in the same thread.

    Saturday, August 20, 2016 10:40 AM
  • Thank you for your suggestions Magnus.

    The web-based software (if I can call it that way) is only compatible with IE8 or higher. I forgot to mention that in my first post. Since Awesomium is based on Chromium and therefore part of the Chrome family, it doesn't work, it shows "Reader not properly installed".

    I also tried the Mark of the Web, but that has the same effect as trying to address the website in Awesomium. I think in both cases the DLL mentioned before ("DynamicWebTwainCtrl.dll") can not be addressed. 

    So up to now no luck. If you have any other suggestions, I will be happy to try them...

    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:02 AM