none
Quicktime ProcessStartInfo to make a movie play automatically? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Newbie question.  I'm using  a Process to start QuickTimePlayer.exe as it's quick and easy.

The following works and fires up the QT player with the correct file

Process p = new Process();

ProcessStartInfo pstartinfo = new ProcessStartInfo("c:\\program files\\quicktime\\quicktimeplayer.exe");

string clip_name = dataGridView1.Rows[dataGridView1.SelectedCells[0].RowIndex].Cells[0].Value.ToString();

pstartinfo.FileName = export_dir + "\\" + clip_name + "\\" + dataGridView1.SelectedCells[0].Value.ToString() + "\\" + clip_name + ".mov";

p.StartInfo = pstartinfo;

p.Start();

But... How can I make the movie play automatically? - currently I have to press the play button on the QT player.  I've looked through the Apple documentation and been overwhelmed.  I've also tried setting pstartinfo.arguments to "Play" but no luck.

Many thanks
    Steve

Saturday, February 28, 2009 3:44 PM

Answers

All replies

•  Since it is not a MS software you cannot do it. See this thread. In order to play automatically you have to get hold of the object to reference by either having its CLSID or the objecct name. The class also has to be registered with you rmachine. The software you are using is proprietary, so forget about it. If you want to use MS Media Player it will be a different story. With it you can do anything.
    AlexB
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 3:59 PM
  • Sorry if I asked in the wrong place.

MS media player is not a reliable answer for playing quicktimes.

Couldn't find a way to make the process approach work but apple have an example on using a QT COM object in c#
    here
    http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/MoviePlayerCSharp/index.html

It helped.

Cheers
    Steve
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 7:31 PM
  • What is QuickTime anyway? I think I used to have it but forgot.

Sorry if I asked in the wrong place.

Maybe not:

Windows Media Components for QuickTime

AlexB
    • Proposed as answer by Harry Zhu Thursday, March 5, 2009 9:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Harry Zhu Friday, March 6, 2009 9:00 AM
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 1:21 AM