none
IntelliSense not working in particular projects RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

It is working for me in my VB.net projects but not in my JavaScript or SSDT projects. I checked in Tools > Options > Text Editor, and the IntelliSense settings seem to be on.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Keith

R K Howard

Saturday, September 2, 2017 12:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Sara,

We were able to resolve this as follows:

We had TypeScript 2.1 and 2.2 installed. But we did not have 2.0 installed. We installed 2.0, and this fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Keith

R K Howard

Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Keith,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> It is working for me in my VB.net projects but not in my JavaScript or SSDT projects.

Could you please share the detail information or example about the intellisense issue in your JavaScript or SSDT projects? I will try to check it in my side and see if the result is yours or not.

During research, I found some community members have reported that the SQL Prompt intellisense not works and SQL keywords like SELECL works fine, please have a look at this thread, it is due to the SQL Prompt does not support suggestions directly from SSDT projects at this moment, please see here.

For the JS intellisense, please go to Tools>Options>Text Editors>JavaScript/TypeScript>Language Service and uncheck and check the option ‘Enable the new JavaScript language service.*’ to test it.

Meanwhile, please go to Help-About Microsoft Visual Studio and check the version, if it is not the latest version 15.3.3, please re-run the VS installer as administrator, click ‘Update’ button to upgrade it.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, September 4, 2017 5:40 AM
  • Hi Sara.

Thanks for your detailed response. I am still trying to find time to test the various things that you proposed. Feel free to mark this as the answer. If I have any further testing feedback, I will post this.

KR,

Keith

R K Howard

Sunday, September 10, 2017 11:29 AM
  • Hi Keith,

Thank you for your feedback. If you have any updates, please feel free to let us know.

Now we cannot mark the reply by ourselves, we will waiting for your final confirmation in the future :)

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, September 11, 2017 6:50 AM
  • Hi Sara,

We were able to resolve this as follows:

We had TypeScript 2.1 and 2.2 installed. But we did not have 2.0 installed. We installed 2.0, and this fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Keith

R K Howard

Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:14 PM
  • Hi Keith,

I'm so glad to hear that your issue is solved and thank you for sharing your solution.

BTW, you can mark your last reply as answer, since it is a real answer  than my reply :)

Best regards,

Sara

Friday, September 15, 2017 2:23 AM