Exception Migrating Work Item Links RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using the TFS Integration Tools to migrate work items between a TFS 2012 and VSTS. Both projects are using the SCRUM template. Everything works except the work item links. I'm getting the exact same error as this post: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/68d078cd-d12a-42be-b515-96d121df372f/systemwebservicesprotocolssoapexception-sourceareaid?forum=tfsintegration

There really is no resolution listed for it so I'm curious if anyone has found a way around this. 

Thursday, May 12, 2016 7:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Adam,

What’s the result if you try it with different team project?

Please try to clear TFS client cache and try again. (e.g. C:\Users\v-stache\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Team Foundation\4.0)

On the other hand, based on the description, TFS Integration Tools were designed to work with Team Foundation Server 2012 and earlier. Use of these integration tools with TFS 2013 and 2015 may cause errors. So for integration tools with VSTS, it may cause errors.

As far as I know, there isn’t other official tool to migration work items, I suggest that you could submit user voice here for the feature of migration work items or other.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 13, 2016 8:03 AM