none
How to run coded ui tests in my local and remote server(not from visual studio)? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been using visual studio 2017 enterprise for coded ui testing.now i want to run my tests in my local as well as in remote machine without using visual studio.I want detailed procedure.

Note:I am using coded ui for wpf application not web application.

Questions:

1)How to configure test controller and test agents for VS 2017?

2)Do i need to configure TFS 2017 to run coded ui tests?if yes how to approach that.please explain from scratch because i am new to TFS.

3)Can you please explain me about MStest.exe. would it help to run coded ui tests remotely?do we need Mstest.exe along with test controller and test agents to run coded ui tests remotely?

4)Can we configure test agents with TFS?if Yes please explain in detail.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

For question1:

You can get detailed information from here.

For question2:

We can use test controller and agent to run tests remotely. Using TFS can run tests remotely too, but it's not necessary for it.

For question3:

Mstest is a tool for running tests. You can find details about how to use it here

Normally, if we have a CodedUITest.dll. We can use command"mstest /testcontainer:CodedUITest.dll" to run the test project. And it do help run tests remotely. We need it with test agent to run CUIT remotely.

Finally, for TFS details in question3 and question4, since this is forum about tests in vs IDE. I suggest you can open a new thread in Stackoverflow or Developer community with TFS tag to get more professional support.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 15, 2019 10:53 AM