none
Issue in Kill focus of CEdit control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i created a GUI like this.

I added OnKillFocus events for the two edit boxes. When i am triggering the killfocus event of 1st edit box; on that ; the KillFocus of second edit box also being called. What could be the issue?? Any thing related to tab order or some thing??

Thanks

Sateesh

Sateesh Villa

Saturday, April 26, 2014 3:05 PM

Answers

• I think that your experiments are not quite exact: when a breakpoint or MessageBox is reached, another WM_KILLFOCUS is generated since the focus is moved to Visual Studio or to message box. Remove breakpoints and add the next line:

OutputDebugStringA( __FUNCTION__ "\n" );

Then start debugging, and watch the messages in Output window of Visual Studio.

Monday, May 5, 2014 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here. According to your description, it seems that the tab order is mixed. How did you set the tab order? Could you show the code here?

If possible, you can upload your project here and feed back the link here. So that I can reproduce your issue on my side.

May

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

Pls check the sample prj at following link and let me know what could be the problem.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=17D1BA0532F0E14!1114&authkey=!AEQgE1kN1M6CBw8&ithint=file%2c.rar

Thanks

Sateesh

Sateesh Villa

Sunday, May 4, 2014 3:58 PM
  • I think that your experiments are not quite exact: when a breakpoint or MessageBox is reached, another WM_KILLFOCUS is generated since the focus is moved to Visual Studio or to message box. Remove breakpoints and add the next line:

OutputDebugStringA( __FUNCTION__ "\n" );

Then start debugging, and watch the messages in Output window of Visual Studio.

Monday, May 5, 2014 6:58 AM