none
Installshield limited edition: How to keep previous install path when update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I am wondering how to keep the last install path when update. Since user may change default install path, when i set "upgrade paths", installshield will automatic remove old version and continue to install new version, at this time, user may want default install path to be previous path installed, actually not.

any help will be appreciate

Thanks

Alex(Chi)

Monday, September 2, 2013 3:01 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for your posting.

From your description,this thread is related to Installshield limited ,InstallShield Forum is more suitable for it.You can post directly in InstallShield Forum.

InstallShield Forum :http://community.flexerasoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?133-InstallShield

This forum moderator  and community are glad to help you.

Hope these help.

Lilia Gong <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 2, 2013 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for your posting.

From your description,this thread is related to Installshield limited ,InstallShield Forum is more suitable for it.You can post directly in InstallShield Forum.

InstallShield Forum :http://community.flexerasoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?133-InstallShield

This forum moderator  and community are glad to help you.

Hope these help.

Lilia Gong <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 2, 2013 5:54 AM
  • thanks, but i have no permission post any thread on Installshield forum, any idea?
    Wednesday, September 4, 2013 2:56 AM