none
Could not load file or assembly 'Sybase.AdoNet2.AseClient, Failed to grant permission to execute

Question

• Hi,

Last time, an expert here guided me to deploy an Outlook Addin DLL into a machine
    with VS Studio. The Addin works perfectly in Outlook unless when it tries to insert
    a record into Sybase database, it generates the following exception:

Exception : Could not load file or assembly 'Sybase.AdoNet2.AseClient, Version=1.15.356.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=95d94fac46c88e1e' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant permission to execute. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131418)

I already place all Sybase DLLs into the same directory as the Addin.dll (The Setup program is setup to do so).

I am not sure what is the problem, the Addin.DLL cannot find the DLL from current
    directory, or it needs to call it from GAC?

Or I need to grant execution permission to those DLLs?

If you have any idea for this, please kindly give me some solutions or hints.

Thanks a lot,
    Raymond
    Friday, February 26, 2010 12:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Sorry, the original post was not clear. I edit it again.

THanks,
    Friday, February 26, 2010 4:04 PM
  • I have checked the page http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa537173%28office.11%29.aspx
    it mentions about the permission must be granted to solution's assemblies.

Can the setup solution in Visual studio do the same thing? Any guides mention about this?

Thanks,
    Raymond
    Friday, February 26, 2010 4:15 PM
  • I have fixed this. Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Wednesday, March 3, 2010 6:00 AM
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 1:32 PM
  • How did you fix this? I get the same error when i pushed my application on to the server and trying to login with my credentials. 

Thank you

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 9:16 PM