none
Need to register VS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I purchased a valid license for VS 2010. I moved to a new machine. I have re-installed it from download but it will not accept my ProdID or LicenseKey. I resorted to a trial period but that has now run out.

What should I do?

Tim

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Tim,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I might need to confirm something from you: which version of Visual Studio 2010 do you have (Premium, Professional or Ultimate)? Where do you download VS, do you download Visual Studio 2010 from Microsoft official website? Also do you get any error message when you type a license key.

I have tried to test and reproduced your issue in my side. If I download and install “[Trial] Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate” version of VS (DVD), I could use it without registering but if I install “[Trial] Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate” (EXE), VS reminds me to register to it.

In addition, since VS 2010 is an old version of Visual Studio, I’m afraid some components or requests might not be supported any longer and you can consider the newer version like VS 2019.

Hope all above could help you and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 6:30 AM
  • Hi Tim,

Did your issue solved? Did you have any update?

If your issue persists, please feel free to let us know and we will try our best to help you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 28, 2019 9:40 AM
  • Hi Tim,

What's the error message when you input the product key? If you uninstall VS 2010 and download the resource from the link that Tianyu recommended, does this issue persists or not?

If you still not solve this issue, please share the detail information and we will try our best to help you.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 9:20 AM