TFS 2017 - Merge Multiple Collections into Single Collection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

In our organization, we have a TFS 2017 server for our work items and source code.  It's currently split into several collections (13 to be exact - I inherited it like this unfortunately). 

We're wanting to eventually migrate over to VSTS, but saw that a VSTS account only supports migrating a single collection to it.  We would like to avoid multiple accounts, and only have 1 VSTS account.  Since this can't be done with migrating multiple collections to a single VSTS account, I was wondering if there was a way out there to merge collections into a single collection in our on-prem environment, so that we can get a start on the migration to VSTS (our other hurdle being licensing, but that's another topic)? 

What my plan is, is to upgrade our TFS 2017 Update 2 to TFS 2018 once it fully releases and is out of RC2; after that, I would like for us to migrate to VSTS.  

Thanks! 

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 3:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Chase.B,

There is no default way to "merge multiple collections into a single collection". But there are a few commercial solutions like OpsHub to migrate version control changesets, work items, etc. You may want to consider them.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 3:33 AM