none
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Data.Schema.Project.dll is missing from VSIX SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using VS2017 Community to develop a VSIX package. According to MSDN, PkgCmdIDList class is defined in Microsoft.VisualStudio.Data.Schema.Project.Common.UI namespace, which is implemented in Microsoft.VisualStudio.Data.Schema.Project.dll. However on my machine with VS2017 installed there is no such DLL. Looks like it is not installed with VSIX SDK. My question is: Why this assembly was not installed with VSIX SDK and where do I get it?

Monday, May 13, 2019 5:14 PM

Answers

• Hi friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Please check this document, the Microsoft.VisualStudio.Data.Schema.Project.Common.UI is an API for Visual Studio Team System Database Edition not for extension of  normal VS.

Description about  Visual Studio Team System Database Edition2008.

So we can't find the assembly installed with VSIX sdk. Also, since it's an quite old API for Database Edition 2008(which no higher version like 2010...2017), I'm afraid it's hard for us to get it in vs2017.

Sorry for this inconvenience and hope it helps.

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 8:11 AM