none
How to propagate (impersonate) client certificate of authenticated user(selected in browser) from WCF client to SSL WCF Service. RRS feed

• Question

• Please help,

How to propagate (impersonate) client certificate of authenticated user(selected in browser) from  WCF client to SSL WCF Service without using:

<clientCredentials>           
                <clientCertificate findValue="xxx" x509FindType="FindBySubjectName" storeLocation="LocalMachine" />

</clientCredentials>      

because on that way we hard code client certificate

Please help!!!!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:21 AM

All replies

• You can programmatcally select the certificate using the proxy ClientCredentials property and the ClientCertificate.SetCertificate method
    Richard Blewett, thinktecture - http://www.dotnetconsult.co.uk/weblog2
    Twitter: richardblewett
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:43 AM
  • I think that i have different problem:

WCF Client is Web application on which users authenticate them self using client certificate How can i get client certificate selected in browser programmaticaly and then set certificate of wcf proxy with that certificate (selected in browser )as you said in answer ?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:20 AM
  • What you think about?

I used convention for subject name of client certificate to be DOMAIN\username and set clientCertificate property  of proxy using Thread.CurrentPrincipal.Identity.Name as subjectName via ClientCertificate.SetCertificate method

It works!

Am I something failed?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:39 PM