none
MSVCR71.dll Not Found

Question

• Hello,

I had been testing out VS2008 Beta 2 and .NET 3.5 Beta framework - I had a project where I needed to be able to move SLNs around and use VS2005, so I uninstalled VS2008 and installed VS2005. I also installed the SPs for VS2005, along with the reocmmended patch for Vista (I run Vista home premium, 64bit)

Now that I have gone through this mess, many programs such as VMWare Server and other various software all claim MSVCR71.dll is missing....so I reinstalled .net 3.5...still had the problem. Just reinstalled VS2008, and I STILL have the problem. Anyone know of this, and have any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Saturday, September 29, 2007 6:20 AM

Answers

• Hi RampantAndroid,

Please try the following reference.

Solved: Windows Problem... missing MSVCR71.DLL

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Monday, October 1, 2007 9:34 AM

All replies

• Someone? Please?
    Sunday, September 30, 2007 2:49 AM
  • Hi RampantAndroid,

Please try the following reference.

Solved: Windows Problem... missing MSVCR71.DLL

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Monday, October 1, 2007 9:34 AM
  • Hi Feng Chen,

I went to the link you provided and I followed the instrunctions and rebooted but the problem keeps occuring. The Msvcr71.dll downloaded but when I go to download a game it stills says that it's not there.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 6:47 PM
  • Are there news about the impossibility of redistributing msvcr71.ddl with own stand-alone application written in python for who doesn't have .
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:27 PM
  • Hi there,

I got it from other forum and it helped me, so I guess it can help you. "For those that don’t trust using a library you find on the net, I found a copy of the msvcr71.dll library sitting in my MS SQL Server folder. On my system, it was at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn"

Just copy the file into C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 if you using a 64-bit Windows.

Hope it will help.

Serge

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:00 PM
  • Hi there,

I got it from other forum and it helped me, so I guess it can help you. "For those that don’t trust using a library you find on the net, I found a copy of the msvcr71.dll library sitting in my MS SQL Server folder. On my system, it was at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn"

Just copy the file into C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 if you using a 64-bit Windows.

Hope it will help.

Serge

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:05 PM
  • Hi Sypou,

That was perfect solution and it worked for me. :)

Thanks

Magesh

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:00 AM