none
Resource file with complex name is not detected in assembly.GetManifestResourceNames() RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application and i store the resource files with names of culture for localization.

But if i set the name of the resource file as "System.Tools.Wpf.de.resx", it is not listed out in the assembly.GetManifestResourceNames() method.

Here is the code i use

public MainWindow()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            var assembly = Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly();
            foreach (var resourceName in assembly.GetManifestResourceNames())
            {
            }
        }

And if the cut the name up to "System.Tools.Wpf.resx" (.de removed), it is showing in the list. Can some one suggest a solution.

Monday, September 16, 2019 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

System.Tools.Wpf.resx is abnormal compared to other resx, I don't know why, I suggest you still have a simple name.

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:51 AM
  • Hi Alex,

But this seems to be like an issue, can you provide a fix as we cannot change the name because we have predefined names for each culture.

Regards,

Nikhilesh O

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:59 AM
  • Hi Alex,

But this seems to be like an issue, can you provide a fix as we cannot change the name because we have predefined names for each culture.

Regards,

Nikhilesh O

Hi,

I don't know if this is a limitation of VisualStudio,you can ask in the following forum.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=visualstudiogeneral

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:34 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Thank you, posted in Visual studio forums.

Regards,

Nikhilesh O

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:47 AM