none
Property Manager with Multiple Versions of VS

Question

• Hi all,

I had visual studio 2010 and was required to change in Visual Studio property manager (include and lib directories). [C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.] Now I also installed VS2017 community edition but it still picks the same settings from props. How can I keep my VS2017 installation completely separate from this.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Friday, March 2, 2018 8:27 AM

All replies

• You can define include and lib directories in the Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.user.props file inside conditional statements different for VS 2010 and VS 2017. See Separating C++ project properties between VS 2010 and VS 2013 for an example.

Sergey Vlasov | Vlasov Studio | Visual Studio extensions and tools

Sunday, March 4, 2018 6:17 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. I will try this out.
    Monday, March 5, 2018 7:09 AM
  • @How about the result after you try? If Sergey Vlasov`s resolve your question, you can mark it as answer, this can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If not, you can share us the result after you try.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 5:55 AM