none
Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1657,5): error MSB4036: The "GetReferenceNearestTargetFrameworkTask" task was not found. RRS feed

• Question

• I am receiving this error on Teamcity when I am building a .csproject.

However, I am not receiving this error locally on my Visual studio 2017. 

The teamcity build server does not have any internet connection and I am unable to download anything on the server.

I researched many blogs but could not resolve the issue. Could you please help me in this regard.

Thanks

Vijaya

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1657,5): error MSB4036: The "GetReferenceNearestTargetFrameworkTask" task was not found. Check the following: 1.) The name of the task in the project file is the same as the name of the task class. 2.) The task class is "public" and implements the Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface. 3.) The task is correctly declared with <UsingTask> in the project file, or in the *.tasks files located in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\15.0\Bin" directory. 

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hi VijayaScree2019,

Thank you for posting here.

Our forum is discussing about Microsoft msbuild engine. Since this issue is more related to teamcity build server. So we suggest you could move to TeamCity Support Community for dedicated support.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 5, 2019 6:35 AM