Strange error on new site collection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I created a site collection and associated database via Powershell yesterday and after adding permissions I could view the site fine.

I came in this morning and now see a strange error, if I log into teams/team1 then I get this error:

"Server error: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=177673"

If I go to teams/team1/sitepages/home.aspx I get this error:

"This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage"

Anyone had this problem? The server has not been altered as far as I am aware, there is nothing in the event logs or Fiddler to help either.

Just found this in the Crawl log - URL:

"The SharePoint item being crawled returned an error when requesting data from the web service. ( Error from SharePoint site: There is a compatibility range mismatch between the Web server and database "WSS_Content_Learning", and connections to the data have been blocked to due to this incompatibility. This can happen when a content database has not been upgraded to be within the compatibility range of the Web server, or if the database has been upgraded to a higher level than the web server. The Web server and the database must be upgraded to the same version and build level to return to compatibility )"

• Edited by Dan Rooney Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:14 AM More details added
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:01 AM

Answers

• I ended up deleting the site collection and creating it again and it was fine.
    • Proposed as answer by V284 Friday, May 13, 2011 8:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rock Wang– MSFT Wednesday, June 1, 2011 3:10 AM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 7:30 PM

All replies

• I ended up deleting the site collection and creating it again and it was fine.
    • Proposed as answer by V284 Friday, May 13, 2011 8:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rock Wang– MSFT Wednesday, June 1, 2011 3:10 AM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 7:30 PM
  • I do not believe this should have been marked as answered.  I have a similar problem, but, I cannot just delete the site collection and recreate it.
    "I can't do this all on my own...I'm no Superman" - From Scrubs
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:45 PM
  • I was lucky because it was an empty site, I guess yours is not?

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:37 PM