none
How to debug project installed on server have visual studio 2017 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Problem

I have server Have visual studio 2017 and i have to debug project done by asp.net core 2.2 

when make debug and put breakpoints on action it is not respond to breakpoints

so that what is process i can do to debug from visual studio exist on server ?

i need to debug as i do locally but when put breakpoints it is not respond 

meaning it not hit breakpoints for action i access it 

Thursday, September 26, 2019 10:17 AM

Answers

• Hi engahmedbarbary,

I'm sorry that this is my rest day, and I can't provide my suggestion in time.

From your above reply, please refer this doc to remote debug Asp.net core app:

Remote Debug ASP.NET Core on a Remote IIS Computer in Visual Studio

BTW, my previous reply is just debugging app in windows server and no remotely, I'm sorry for my misunderstanding.

Cheers,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Sunday, September 29, 2019 12:46 PM

All replies

• Hi engahmedbarbary,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

For your issue, you could have a try the following suggestions:

-- open Tools/Options/Debugging/Symbols, then disable "Microsoft symbol server"

-- when debugging, open Debug/Windows/Moudles, then check if the symbols of [project].dll has been loaded.

-- open Debug/Attach to Process..., then attach dotnet.exe

-- if it still fails to hit breakpoint, please try to repair VS, it may be possible for you to solve it.

Any feedback will be expected.

Cheers,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, September 27, 2019 7:24 AM
  • thank you for reply

this is actually what i need but i face this problems

1- this settings on visual studio 2017 on server or local .

2- if dotnet.exe not exist on available processes as image above what i do .

Friday, September 27, 2019 3:06 PM
  • can any one help me on that please 
    Saturday, September 28, 2019 1:08 AM
  • Hi engahmedbarbary,

Sorry for delay in reply.

1- this settings on visual studio 2017 on server or local .

>>Yes, I test this in Windows server 2019(desktop), these settings are from it.

2- if dotnet.exe not exist on available processes as image above what i do .

>>Please try to enable "show processes from all users", if it doesn't exist, please check if dotnet.exe exist on your disk like below:

If not, please download and re-install .Net Core 2.2.7, which is for VS2017. Then you could try to debug with project name instead of IIS Express.

Look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,

Dylan

Saturday, September 28, 2019 1:58 AM
  • OK thank you for reply

How to disable symbol and on debug see it be loaded this point i dont understand .

meaning disable symbol or not 

on same time i confuse another thing .

Saturday, September 28, 2019 10:04 AM
  • also what is qualifier exist on attach process window what i must select  ?

1- what symbol been loaded what you mean by symbol ?

2- you tell me above make symbol disabled and after that loaded you mean that loading symbol required for debug or not .

3- How to change project name from iisexpress to project name ?

4- also when attach process is required attach app name or not required ?

like that im new on this process of remote debug ?

can you help me in that

Saturday, September 28, 2019 10:05 AM
  • can you please helping to reply points above if possible
    Sunday, September 29, 2019 12:10 PM
  • Hi engahmedbarbary,

I'm sorry that this is my rest day, and I can't provide my suggestion in time.

From your above reply, please refer this doc to remote debug Asp.net core app:

Remote Debug ASP.NET Core on a Remote IIS Computer in Visual Studio

BTW, my previous reply is just debugging app in windows server and no remotely, I'm sorry for my misunderstanding.

Cheers,

Dylan

Sunday, September 29, 2019 12:46 PM
  • can you reply for me tomorrow

Sunday, September 29, 2019 12:53 PM