none
How to connect Oracle 11g database using visual studio 2017? RRS feed

• Question

• Following error message I am getting even I used 32bit or 64bit Oracle client.

Please let me know how to connect Oracle databases using VS-2107.

Thanks!

Sunday, July 30, 2017 2:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Swapnil2195,

Please install Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2017 first from the Oracle official site.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/visual-studio/downloads/index.html

After installing the Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2017 - MSI Installer, please connect to Oracle through Server Explorer window in Visual Studio 2017.

Then please choose Oracle Database and ODP.NET, Managed Driver.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yang,Chenfei Tuesday, August 1, 2017 2:27 AM
    Monday, July 31, 2017 9:00 AM
  • Hi Swapnil2195,

How about your problem?

If any questions, please feel free to let me know. If the reply has help you resolved your problem, please mark the reply as answer which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 7:54 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

What if I want to use different schemas, how do I filter that? Previous VS has that option.

Thanks

Thursday, November 22, 2018 5:30 PM