none
Start Button in VS Express 2012 now says "Attach" instead of "Start" RRS feed

• Question

• I opened visual Studio Express 2012 this morning and I noticed the green Start button at the top of the GUI now says "Attach" instead of "Start". How can I change it back to "Start"?
    Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:05 PM

Answers

• You can only start if you have a Solution open and one of the Projects is defiend as Start Project (Only one per solution, marked with bold Project Name in Solution Explorer).

What happens if you hit "attach"?

Let's talk about MVVM: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpf/thread/b1a8bf14-4acd-4d77-9df8-bdb95b02dbe2

Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:18 PM

All replies

• You can only start if you have a Solution open and one of the Projects is defiend as Start Project (Only one per solution, marked with bold Project Name in Solution Explorer).

What happens if you hit "attach"?

Let's talk about MVVM: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpf/thread/b1a8bf14-4acd-4d77-9df8-bdb95b02dbe2

Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:18 PM
  • I had the same issue and simply needed to right click on the solution in the Solution Explorer and select the "Set as Startup Project" option. This occurred after receiving the sln folder from a friend.

visual representation of the solution
    Saturday, February 8, 2014 4:50 AM
  • This is the solution

Thanks for this,

AG

Thursday, July 9, 2015 9:00 AM
  • This is what i was looking for....

thank you so much :)

You saved my day

Friday, December 30, 2016 2:09 PM
  • I had this happen to me when I went to Files/Recent Files/ and opened my most recent program.cs .

I realized I needed to open the project/solution. Go to File/Open/Project-Solution... , then just find your project. This will load your Solution fully and not just the program.cs file.

Sunday, February 26, 2017 9:54 PM
  • I had this happen to me when I went to Files/Recent Files/ and opened my most recent program.cs .

I realized I needed to open the project/solution. Go to File/Open/Project-Solution...

There is also a menu selection File/Recent Projects and Solutions
    that can be used.

- Wayne

Monday, February 27, 2017 12:29 AM
  • THANK YOU!
    Friday, July 28, 2017 9:36 PM