none
"Replace Data from Server" - Azure Published App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I recently discovered that after updating my LS app in Azure that my Server project is missing two database tables. When I check the LSML files in the project folder they are still there, but they are not showing in VS2015.

I used SQL Studio 2014 and confirmed that the tables still exist (with content) on the production install in Azure. I figured I could remediate the issue by connecting to the Azure DB using the "Replace Data from Server" option, however no matter what credentials I apply I receive "an error has occurred" (Error user unauthorized - The remote server returned 401.

I have tried:

1. My Admin Windows Azure account (AAD);
    2. The Azure Deployment Credentials; and
    3. Application Admin credentials.

As the error details mention access to SCM in the URL I figure my Azure admin credentials should be sufficient but they all return the same error.

What am I missing here? Of courser if you have suggestions how to return the tables to VS without this approach - or have a better way, then please let me know!

Cheers,

Adam

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:31 PM

Answers

• Thanks Angie.

What I ended up doing was reviewing why I couldn't recreate the tables in the project. I removed the LSML files for the two database tables again, saved and closed down VS2015. This time after opening up the project again I could recreate the tables and I used the Azure database viewed through SSMS to create the correct columns and types. 

Publishing this back to the test Azure site got everything working and the existing data was preserved. I still have no idea why it lost the data in the beginning, but I've had a *lot* of issues with VS Online and source control so I've chalked it up to that.

Cheers,

Adam

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 11:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Adam,

You can deploy updates to a LightSwitch application by running the wizard again. 3-tier browser clients need only re-navigate to the web page to get the updated version. 2-tier desktop clients will automatically receive the updates the next time they are run.

Please publish it again, and check it has same issue.

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, August 28, 2016 4:39 AM
  • Thanks Angie.

What I ended up doing was reviewing why I couldn't recreate the tables in the project. I removed the LSML files for the two database tables again, saved and closed down VS2015. This time after opening up the project again I could recreate the tables and I used the Azure database viewed through SSMS to create the correct columns and types. 

Publishing this back to the test Azure site got everything working and the existing data was preserved. I still have no idea why it lost the data in the beginning, but I've had a *lot* of issues with VS Online and source control so I've chalked it up to that.

Cheers,

Adam

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 11:50 PM