none
TreeView Item Select not Highlighting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    I have a search function that opens a showdialog form that has a listview of items returned from the user search. The idea is the user selects from the listview and the matching item then selects in the tree view.

Okay so all works fine except that the selected item in the treeview does not highlight in blue like it should. It does indeed select it but it does not highlight.

Here is the listview SelectedIndexChanged event code.

Private Sub lstSearchResults_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles lstSearchResults.SelectedIndexChanged
            If lstSearchResults.SelectedItems.Count > 0 Then
                Dim tn() As TreeNode = frmMain.TreeView1.Nodes.Find(lstSearchResults.SelectedItems(0).SubItems(0).Text, True)
                If tn.Length = 1 Then
                    frmMain.TreeView1.SelectedNode = tn(0)
                    frmMain.TreeView1.Focus()
                End If
            End If
        End Sub
    So how do I get the treeview selected item highlighted? Keep in mind that I have a second dialog form (the search form) open at the same time.

Thanks
    Monday, July 20, 2009 2:01 AM

All replies

• Normally such controls do not highlight selected item when they dont have focus, but there is a property called HideSelection in Treeview, that will help you to highlight node when treeview is not active control, but not active blue, i think its gray in standard mode.

TreeView1.HideSelection=False

If you want to select treeview use select instead of focus

TreeView1.Select()

Arjun Paudel
    Monday, July 20, 2009 4:18 AM
  • Arjun,
    Yes hideselection=false worked but as you stated it is gray. How do I turn it Blue like a standard selection?

Thanks!

Skip
    Monday, July 20, 2009 1:33 PM