none
Shim Tests Fail From TFS Build Definition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using TFS 2012, and MTM 2012 to do some lab integration work.  I have some automated tests (some using shims) that work fine when running from VS.NET directly (Test Explorer).

I have created a build definition, that I play to use (LabDefaultTemplate.11.xaml) to build, deploy, and test our product.  However, when the tests run from the build definition, every test that uses Shims fails with exception:

UnitTestIsolationException:  UnitTestIsolation instrumentation failed to initialize.  Please restart Visual Studio and rerun this test

I noticed that on our Test Agent machine, there is an error in the Application Windows Log from "Fakes":  "Cannot find Profiler path running process.  Operation cannot continue"

I have been unable to resolve this issue.  Any ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks

• Edited by billru44 Monday, June 17, 2013 7:14 PM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 7:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Is there any detail event log on test agent machine?

Regards,

Lily Wu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:09 AM
  • Lily,

The only information in the event log on the test agent machine is:

Level:  Error

Source:  Fakes

"Cannot find Profiler path running process.  Operation cannot continue"

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:16 PM
  • Anybody have any insight into this issue?  It is still a problem for us.
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:53 PM
  • I'm experiencing this problem too... 

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/03/the-works-on-my-machine-certification-program.html

Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:48 PM
  • I also experience this problem.

It sure would be nice to have TFS 2012 Build execute our Fakes unit tests - but at this time, it will not; same error/description as intially described.

Please help.

Friday, September 6, 2013 12:41 AM
  • Same problem here, running TFS with update 2. Just spent quite a long time creating those tests and now I can't use them.
    Friday, September 6, 2013 8:19 AM
  • It seems that TFS was still using MSTest.exe Runner and when I changed that to use Visual Studio Test Runner, fakes started working.

Friday, September 6, 2013 10:30 AM