Coded UI - Visual Studio 2015, Update 3 - Need to load a third party dll of 64 bit architecture into Code UI soln. getting error on loading dll. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have VS 2015 with Update 3. I need to integrate a third party dll into my current Coded UI soln. On loading the dll  VS says file is not in format. 

Third party dll is 64 bit architecture and as per my knowledge Coded UI execute as 32 bit process.

Can anybody provide any update over this..

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Nitin,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Do you integrate third party dll into your solution by “Add Reference…”?

>> Third party dll is 64 bit architecture and as per my knowledge Coded UI execute as 32 bit process.

## If you change to debug as “Any CPU”, will the dll load successfully?

## I test on my side by adding a 64 bit dll to my solution and I can successfully build and run my Coded UI test. Could you share me with some more information such as reproduced steps, a simple sample, some error message and screenshots?

Feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 4:47 AM