none
Access Denied problem!!!

Question

• I am adding a new functionality to an existing website. In nutshell i am adding around 5 new screens to the application. One of my colleague did one of the screen for me. Now when I am running the application all the screens are getting displayed except for the one which my colleague did for me. When i click on the particular screen its showing "Access to the " \page.aspx is denied".

After developing he send me the files and I copy pasted it into the corresponding location.

Can anyone help me on this.????
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 6:57 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the prompt reply Vitaliy!!!!!

I found the problem, in the security settings of the particular "\page.aspx" page which my friend designed never had read, execute permissions to the user of my machine!!!

Thats y the access to the particular page was getting denied from my machine!!!
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:05 AM

All replies

• Is your friend's page located in the same virtual folder as your pages?

If not I believe you should check security settings of virtual folder or check web.config file located in that folder.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 8:03 AM
  • Thanks for the prompt reply Vitaliy!!!!!

I found the problem, in the security settings of the particular "\page.aspx" page which my friend designed never had read, execute permissions to the user of my machine!!!

Thats y the access to the particular page was getting denied from my machine!!!
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:05 AM