none
VS2013 + 2015 Activation/Registration URL's RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Microsoft,

For our build servers we need to register the Visual Studio installations with a MSDN Login.

As the TFS Build server uses a service account to run the builds, we need to make sure VS is registered under this service account.
    Our Service Accounts are blocked for internet access, so the registration fails.

Can you please advise which URL's Visual Studio uses so we can activate the software ? We will need to request to allow these URL's.

I couldn't find any documentation on this.

Regards,

Nico

Monday, May 30, 2016 8:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Nico,

Thank you for your post.

>>Our Service Accounts are blocked for internet access, so the registration fails

Firstly, you need to make sure your network is ok.

Then If your IE edition is old, please update it to IE 11.

In addition, please take the following steps to see whether it helps:

1. Check the connection of your network. And then open the Internet Explorer, open one website, if it could be opened successfully, indicating your network is well.

2. Maybe your IE doesn’t trust the Visual Studio web page or the sign in page, try to add the https://www.visualstudio.com/ , https://login.microsoftonline.com/
    and https://login.live.com/ https://login.microsoftonline.com to your trusted zone.

Notice: if you download from the other site, please add it to the trusted zone.
    In the IE, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security Tab, click the “Sites”, and adds these three sites.

3. If the above doesn’t help, try to enable the JavaScript in Internet Explorer.
    Go to Tools -> Internet Options-> Security Tab, and then click the Internet zone, depending on whether you have to customize your Internet security settings, select one of the following options:
    •If you do not have to customize your Internet security settings, click Default Level.
    •If you have to customize your Internet security settings, click Custom level, scroll down to the Active scripting section, and then click Enable.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 1:46 AM
  • Hi Lana,

This is not a technical issue.

I can confirm this is blocked on network level. My question is, which URL's should I request to be unblocked in order to get the activation working. Do you have any documentation on this ?

Nico

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 9:00 AM
  • Hi Nico,

Sorry for my delay reply and my misunderstanding about this issue.

You may go to the following link, to fill out your profile of VS to activate your VS.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐Moderator Friday, June 3, 2016 9:08 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by nsijtsma Friday, June 3, 2016 9:14 AM
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 5:20 AM
  • I don't think you understand my question.

I need to tell our Network team which URL's / domains to whitelist in order for this to complete.

We can do a trace, but to be sure we get them all, id like to hear from you which domains are used underwater when doing a Visual Studio Activation.

Nico

Friday, June 3, 2016 9:14 AM
  • Hi Nico,

Sorry for my misunderstanding about your issue, actually, there is no such a URL to activate the VS.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Monday, June 6, 2016 7:58 AM
  • I don't need an URL to activate, I need the web addresses that are used underwater so I can whitelist these URL's.
    Monday, June 6, 2016 8:00 AM
  • Hi nsijtsma,

Sorry to tell you that there is still no such address about it.

Monday, June 6, 2016 8:04 AM
  • So how do you suggest I activated Visual Studio, if you cannot tell me what URL's you use ?
    Monday, June 6, 2016 8:06 AM
  • I think I have told you that I misunderstood your question and I have apologize for it.

Monday, June 6, 2016 8:09 AM