Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

• Hi Folks, I haven't programmed for 10 years, so forgive me if I sound like a newbie.  I wrote a simple little page to filter and display a table from a MS Access database on a webpage, and the program works fine in Visual Studio, but I can't publish it.  I keep getting the error " Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive." on the line "<compilation strict="false" explicit="true" targetFramework="4.5" />".  How do I fix this?
    Monday, March 10, 2014 8:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Tony,

Since this issue is related to the Web, you could ask this question in the ASP.NET forum: If then, you could get an answer more quickly and professional.

For publishing/deploying issue, you could post this issue to this specific forum here:

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:01 AM
  • Ah thanks!  I couldn't find that section before, but I found all the answers I needed in the Configuration & Deployment Forum!

Thanks Again!

Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:57 AM