none
chart control for vb .net 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
     I m creating a vb.net 2005 project for which, i need to use a chart control. i don't find any such controls in the reference list. where do i get the control. if i have to download. where should i find? pls help
    Thursday, September 20, 2007 2:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your post, you use the MSChart Control to display data. The MSChart control supports the following features:

• True three-dimensional representation.
    • Support for all major chart types.
    • Data grid population via random data and data arrays.

It is associated with a data grid (DataGrid object). This data grid is a table that holds the data being charted. The data grid can also include labels used to identify series and categories on the chart. The person who designs your chart application fills the data grid with information by inserting data or by importing data from a spreadsheet or array. For more information about the MSChart control, Please see: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/3ks53324(VS.71).aspx. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Riquel.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 2:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your post, my understanding of your question is that you need to use the MsChart control. If I misunderstood your question, please tell me.

The MSChart control is from Microsoft Excel so you need to have Excel installed. Or visit this thread http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=282001&SiteID=1 to download the control and register it. At last you can add a reference to the MSChart control to Visual Studio’s toolbox. Select menu->Tools->Add/Remove Toolbox items, then the COM Components tab and look for Microsoft Chart Control version 6.0 (OLEBD).

Best regards,

Riquel.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 6:22 AM
  • Thanks,
      I actually wanted some chart control. even MSChart is Ok for me. I successfully added it to my program. But I don't know how to add the x and y coordinates. I can give u some datas as examples
     activity id  - dates
    AT001         - 10/12/06,11/1/06
    AT002         - 1/1/07
    AT003         -12/3/06,1/3/07

I want the Activity id in y axis and the dates in X-axis. I want a bar chart/ scatter chart for this. I m going to get the values from the database. (SQL Server 2005). All snipets i saw for this control adds only numeric values to the X and y -axis. How do i add the dates /string co-ordinates. Is there anywhere i could find help for this control? I couldn't find it in MSDN.( May be I am doing a wrong search....?) .
     Can you help me with any information how to set the data for the chart...

Sunday, September 23, 2007 1:32 PM
  • Hi,

Based on your post, you use the MSChart Control to display data. The MSChart control supports the following features:

• True three-dimensional representation.
    • Support for all major chart types.
    • Data grid population via random data and data arrays.

It is associated with a data grid (DataGrid object). This data grid is a table that holds the data being charted. The data grid can also include labels used to identify series and categories on the chart. The person who designs your chart application fills the data grid with information by inserting data or by importing data from a spreadsheet or array. For more information about the MSChart control, Please see: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/3ks53324(VS.71).aspx. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Riquel.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 2:54 AM