none
Possible to run tests through mstest.exe and see results in Microsoft Test Manager? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently running a series of integration tests through mstest.exe so I can use the immediate output for something else. But now I want to be able to publish the results of those tests and view them in MTM. I'm successfully using the /publish command-line options to publish them to the TFS server but I can't view the results in MTM, even after associating the tests with test cases.

Is it possible for me to view the results of my tests in MTM if I run the tests through mstest?

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 5:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no way to view the result in MTM. The published result is viewed in your build summary.

If you want a feature for viewing results in MTM, you could submit this feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your ideas/suggestions there and people can vote.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by MCluck90 Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:41 PM
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There is no way to view the result in MTM. The published result is viewed in your build summary.

If you want a feature for viewing results in MTM, you could submit this feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your ideas/suggestions there and people can vote.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by MCluck90 Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:41 PM
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:47 AM
  • Thank you for your help.
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:41 PM