SSIS ServerTargetVersion 2016 - no row displayed in dataflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have SQL Server Data Tools   15.1.61804.210 installed on my VS2017.

when I create a package with ServerTargetVersion = 2017, rows are correctly displayed in the dataflow.

If I change to ServerTargetVersion = 2016, no rows are displayed in the dataflow anymore, which is very annoying.

TargetVersion 2016

How can we fix this issue in VS2017?

Thursday, July 5, 2018 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hi azert123456789,

What happens if you are changing TargetServerVersion to 2012/2014?

What I see from your screenshot that you are using black background which may cause this issue, please just try changing the color theme.

SSIS data viewer does not show the rows count and the data

Check if this helps.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 6, 2018 5:59 AM
  • Hi Pirlo,

I have tryed all other targetServer versions than 2017 and I have no row displayed.

It is not related to visual studio theme, I have changed to Blue and light, and I get the same behavior...

Regards,

J.S.

Friday, July 6, 2018 8:50 AM
  • Hello

I have the same issue with my VS2017 (15.7.4) : 

With  ServerTargetVersion = 2017, no  issue. With other ServerTargetVersion, no row count displayed....

I have also try to change visual studio theme, same issue...

It is a known issue ?

Jean-Pierre.

Friday, July 6, 2018 8:56 AM
  • Hi,

I would suggest you that try to install the latest SSDT version SSDT for Visual Studio 2017 (15.7.1)

Check if this issue persist.

And you can submit the issue to Microsoft SQL Server feedback so Microsoft may fix this issue in late release.

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 6, 2018 9:04 AM
  • Hello,

thank you for the answer,

I have installed the latest version  (15.7.1) with no more success, the issue is still there.

we are 4 persons working on SSDT+VS2017, 1 of us have a totally working dev environment, for the 3 others, we have this issue.

Additionnaly, the dataviewer is not poping up for some of us....

I have tried several times VS & SSDT uninstall + reinstall without any success...

When I uninstall SSDT, i got a message saying that "some files my not be removed"

is there a way to completely remove the SSDT files to install VS+SSDT from a totally clean environment?

Best regards

• Edited by jsmssis Monday, July 9, 2018 1:21 PM
    Monday, July 9, 2018 9:57 AM
  • Hi jsmssis,

Please have a check:

Removing SQL Server Data Tools Components

How to completely remove VS 2013 and SQL Server Data Tool

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Pirlo Zhang Thursday, July 12, 2018 8:08 AM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2018 7:31 AM