none
Visual Studio 2015 crashes during debugging and provides no dump or reason for the crash.

Question

• I have several game programmers that are trying to run debugging on builds and Visual Studio will crash and give nothing towards a reason why.  I have give them two ways of getting dumps, but neither actually yielded anything. Is there anything that we are not aware of that would cause this? Maybe a known error, update, etc?

What information can I provide that can help start narrowing this down?

• Edited by ASpellman Thursday, March 08, 2018 8:41 PM
    Thursday, March 08, 2018 8:38 PM

All replies

• Hi ASpellman,

Just to make this issue clearly, could you build your app successfully in your side?

(1)We have to make sure that it has no the compiled error messages or you could try to debug your app using "start without debugging".

(2)Please also enable the JIT debugging under TOOLS->Options->Debugging, view the result.

(3)You could also enable the Exception settings in your VS IDE, and then debug your app, maybe it could capture certain unhandled exception.

(4)Not very sure that how you collect the dump files, but you know that we could use the different ways like the WinDbg or task manager or VS IDE or others. You could use other tools to collect the dump files like the WinDbg.

Please also view your windows Event viewer to find much more information.

Of course, you could debug your app using other VS Environment, at least, we could know that whether it is related to your VS IDE.

If just the specific app has this issue, maybe you could post your issue to the specific developing forum, they will help you analyze the code and find useful information.

Sincerely,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 09, 2018 1:41 AM
  • Hi ASpellman,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side.

What about this problem now?

Would you mind letting us know the latest information about this issue?

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 16, 2018 9:50 AM