none
The "UnpackExtensionsToProjectDir" task failed unexpectedly during LightSwitch TFS build RRS feed

• Question

• C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\LightSwitch\v1.0\Microsoft.LightSwitch.targets (1257): The "UnpackExtensionsToProjectDir" task failed unexpectedly. System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.LightSwitch.Design.Extensions.Reader.Internal, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.

Where to start to fix my TFS LightSwitch build ?

• LightSwitch (latest version) is installed on our server
    • TFS 2010

Let me include a link of a previous post about automated builds : http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/lightswitchgeneral/thread/b5660207-dd5e-488c-92f6-e9b876aa8835
    Monday, August 1, 2011 11:13 AM

All replies

• Can you use the Fuslogvw.exe on the Build machine to get the details of the Exception?

Following is the MSDN link for details of using the Fuslogvw.exe

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e74a18c4(v=vs.71).aspx

Thanks,

Sushil Magdum

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 10:26 PM
  • I have same trouble. Same situation, same error, same message (Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.LightSwitch.Design.Extensions.Reader.Internal) Can you tell me if you resolved this problem please?

Thank you

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:15 PM
  • @Ondrej; I'm trying to create a buildserver for LS also, and I'm having the same problems as you guys. The one thing I can recommend is to use the Sysinternals Procmon tool to figure out were the buildserver is missing what on the HD.

@Microsoft; please make a clear description or tool for setting up a buildserver, as LS is used in professional environments, one can expect this use case. And please, don't focus on only the lastest and greatest. Some companies don't follow all versions as soon as they are released, so make it LS2011 compatible as well.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:49 AM