none
VSTO Outlook-Add-In Install Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 2010 VS Outlook Add-In that installs fine on other PC's. However, on one PC I get this error:

Event Type:        Error

Event Source:    VSTO 4.0

Event Category:                None

Event ID:              4096

Date:                     12/10/2010

Time:                     4:03:38 PM

User:                     N/A

Computer:          XXXX

Description:

Customization URI: file://exch2010/Public/software/SalesPoint/SPA/SalesPoint.SPA.vsto

Exception: The value of the property 'type' cannot be parsed. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.BusinessApplications.Runtime, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO\10.0\VSTOInstaller.exe.Config line 7)

************** Exception Text **************

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The value of the property 'type' cannot be parsed. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.BusinessApplications.Runtime, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO\10.0\VSTOInstaller.exe.Config line 7)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.GetManifests(TimeSpan timeout)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

Friday, December 10, 2010 11:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Andy,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

According to you description of the problem, the issue you are experiencing is that you want to ensure that Office 2010 has been removed.

If I have misunderstood anything, Please feel free to let me know.

Please take following steps:

1.       Click the start menu.

2.       Click control panel at right side.

3.       Click the programs. If you use the Windows 7, you need to click Programs and Features after this action.

4.       Review the names in the list box. If you can not find “Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010” in the list box then you can confirm Office 2010 has been removed.

Please let me know the results of these actions at your earliest convenience.

In addition, I want to know which operation system you use ? Window 7 or Window Xp?

I hope this will help resolve you problem. If anything is unclear, please free feel to let me know.

Thank you for you understanding and support.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Tom Xu

• Proposed as answer by Bruce Song Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Monday, December 27, 2010 7:14 AM
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 2:30 AM

All replies

• Hi RWrench1,

Thank you for posting in MSDN Forum.

My name is Tom Xu and I will be working with you on this case. We will be working together to solve this issue, so please feel free to let me know if I have misunderstood anything.

According to your description of the problem, the issue you are experiencing is that you can’t install the Outlook add-in which developed by Visual Studio2010 to some PC. And you get the exception as below :” Exception: The value of the property 'type' cannot be parsed. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.BusinessApplications.Runtime, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO\10.0\VSTOInstaller.exe.Config line 7)”.

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

Based on my analysis of the issue, the root cause is your lost some prerequisites to support your add-in or you haven’t installed Office 2010. I have some actions for you to perform in order to resolve your problem.

Please take the following steps:

1.      Check you prerequisites. Ensure VSTO 2010 runtime has been installed . And ensure  .NET Framework 4.0 has installed if you add-in based it.

2.      Ensure Office 2010 has been installed.

I hope this will help resolve your problem. If anything is unclear, please free feel to let us know.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Tom Xu

Monday, December 13, 2010 9:41 AM
  • Tom Thanks for your reply.  Actually, the version of Office I want is 2007.  We tried to upgrade this particular PC to Office 2010 but did not complete it.    How can we make sure Office 2010 is removed?  

Regards Richard

Monday, December 13, 2010 10:17 PM
  • Hi Andy,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

According to you description of the problem, the issue you are experiencing is that you want to ensure that Office 2010 has been removed.

If I have misunderstood anything, Please feel free to let me know.

Please take following steps:

1.       Click the start menu.

2.       Click control panel at right side.

3.       Click the programs. If you use the Windows 7, you need to click Programs and Features after this action.

4.       Review the names in the list box. If you can not find “Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010” in the list box then you can confirm Office 2010 has been removed.

In addition, I want to know which operation system you use ? Window 7 or Window Xp?

I hope this will help resolve you problem. If anything is unclear, please free feel to let me know.

Thank you for you understanding and support.

Best Regards

Tom Xu

• Proposed as answer by Bruce Song Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Monday, December 27, 2010 7:14 AM
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 2:30 AM