none
Stuck installing LocalESPCUI for en-us Dev12 RRS feed

• Question

• How do I fix installing Visual Studio 2015?

What it is stuck on: LocalESPCui for en-us Dev12

I have Windows 10 64bit - Upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro

My computer is a HP Touchsmart610, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU, 6.00 GBs and Windows 10 Pro

Thank you in advance,

Oliver Robinson

Saturday, September 12, 2015 3:08 AM

Answers

• Hello Oliver Robinson,

Can you check and see if  LocalESPC-x86_en-us.msi exists in C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{BDBE5D2A-AAB7-77BD-7A0E-5006665CE7C6}v8.59.25584\packages\EspC before and during the install?

It is possible that  You may need to repair the installation first.

Let's check the same thread here https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/3bc1cd0d-7836-4edd-9214-5e05a72a517d/espc-installation-keeps-failing-iso-or-layout-option?forum=vssetup

It is for Visual Studio 2012, but maybe it is the same on your Visual Studio 2015. If you can find the package, try repair with that package may help you fix this issue.

If you still failed you may need to install with Visual Studio 2015 ISO by checking its sha-1 hash first.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 14, 2015 8:32 AM

All replies

• Hello Oliver Robinson,

Can you check and see if  LocalESPC-x86_en-us.msi exists in C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{BDBE5D2A-AAB7-77BD-7A0E-5006665CE7C6}v8.59.25584\packages\EspC before and during the install?

It is possible that  You may need to repair the installation first.

Let's check the same thread here https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/3bc1cd0d-7836-4edd-9214-5e05a72a517d/espc-installation-keeps-failing-iso-or-layout-option?forum=vssetup

It is for Visual Studio 2012, but maybe it is the same on your Visual Studio 2015. If you can find the package, try repair with that package may help you fix this issue.

If you still failed you may need to install with Visual Studio 2015 ISO by checking its sha-1 hash first.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 14, 2015 8:32 AM
  • The Visual Studio Community 2015 was also stuck for me on "LocalESPCui for en-us Dev12-x86".  I already had VS Community 2015 installed, but if I tried to modify the install to add or remove components, the installer would get stuck here.  It would also get stuck if I tried to uninstall or repair Visual Studio Community 2015.  From this and other questions posted various places, I was able to piece together a solution that worked for me.  

For me, I suspect the problem came up after I uninstalled Visual Studio Community 2015 Release Candidate or Visual Studio Community 2013.  I had installed the release version of 2015 and then later uninstalled older versions to free up disk space.  

Finally what worked for me:

1) While the installer is stuck, look at the log files in %appdata%\local\temp (for me, c:\users\<user>\appdata\local\temp).  Open the most recent ones and look for "LocalESPCui..." at the end.  I can't remember the exact name of the log file anymore.

2) Here, I found that it was trying to find "LocalESPCui for en-us Dev12-x86".  I didn't have the file or the folder structure.  I created the path to the file (but still didn't have the file needed).

MSI (s) (30:C4) [15:58:04:377]: Note: 1: 2203 2: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{B1C38F27-D377-8C98-D98D-29B67C0B978D}v8.100.25984\packages\EspC\LocalESPCui for en-us Dev12-x86_en-us.msi 3: -2147287037 
    MSI (s) (30:C4) [15:58:04:377]: SOURCEMGMT: Source is invalid due to missing/inaccessible package.

3) I found the file I needed in the Visual Studio Community 2013 install.  I also looked in the 2015 install, but the file was not there.  So, go to the Visual Studio download page: https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs#.

4) Go to the Visual Studio 2013 download link.

5) Select the ISO format and download it.  

6) Open the ISO file you downloaded and find "LocalESPCui for en-us Dev12-x86" in it.  Copy it to the folder structure you created and try the install again.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 5:12 AM
  • My solution was to first Download the ISO instead of using the web installer. It's a check box next to the 'Download' button.

Then I renamed my "C:\ProgramData\Package Cache" folder so it would stop finding this corrupted folder. The problem is somewhere in here but it's a pain in the ass to figure out what you'd need to copy from the ISO into which folder to fix it. 

Next, you mount the ISO you downloaded and run vs_community.exe.

During the setup process when it gets to the LocalESPCui portion, it might ask you to locate the missing file for you. I pointed it to "<MyMountedISODriveLetter>:\packages\EspC" and it found the files it wanted.

It seems like everything has installed correctly so far. 

• Proposed as answer by Lotanot Friday, March 25, 2016 5:56 PM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 2:58 AM
  • Qaat's answer worked for me for VS2015E. Didnt do the cache renaming part. Just find the directory on the ISO and it worked fine.
    Friday, March 25, 2016 5:56 PM
  • In case someone else gets stuck with this:

I have had the same symptoms as "MelQuest" above (definitely linked to having uninstalled VS 2013), but even after trying every possible solution, it has been impossible to install, repair or even uninstall VS 2015 by itself.

Reluctantly I have reinstalled VS 2013 CE Update 5 and that solved it immediately. This is what I should have done from the beginning instead of wasting so much time on that.

Saturday, April 30, 2016 4:23 PM