none
Cannot find SSIS Toolbox in Visual Studio 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Visual Studio 2019, Version 16.1.5.  I can go to Help, About and see SSDT and SSRS in the installed product boxes.  When I look at other windows, I cannot see the ssis toolbox.  What am I doing wrong.   Thanks
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 12:49 PM

All replies

• Hi C Jolly,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to this document. the SSIS toolbox is something special supported for SSIS project. So only when we create or open a new SSIS project can we see this tool. It means if we just open VS at start page, or in a solution where not exists SSIS project within it, we can't find the SSIS toolbox in other windows.

So for VS2017 and earlier versions, we can easily find it after we create a SSIS project.

In a solution where includes SSIS project:

And for VS2019, the situation changes, please check this document. As it says: the required functionality to enable Analysis Services, Integration Services, and Reporting Services projects has moved into the respective Visual Studio extensions. 

So to find SSIS Toolbox in your VS2019:

1. Download the extension for SSIS here (Open Task Manager and close all VS instance before install it)

2. After that, create a new SSIS project and you can find the ToolBox

Hope it helps and any feedback would be expected.

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 5, 2019 2:35 AM
  • Hi Lance, thank you for your response. This is my first time with VS19 so I am unfamiliar with it.  I clicked on new project, but can't seem to find ssis.  I clicked on Visual Studio installer  and did find that sql server integration services projects is installed for 2019.  So I guess my question is how do I create a new ssis project.  And another question  is where is documentation for this.  Thank you!
    Friday, July 5, 2019 12:51 PM
  • Hi Jolly,

Once you've installed SSIS successfully:

1# Enter the Integration Services in the search Toolbox, then choose the Integration Service Project to create a new SSIS project. 

And actually, if what you want is to see the SSIS Toolbox, choose the Integration Service Project I showed in the picture and go View menu=>Other windows=>you can find SSIS Toolbox right there.

2# Document about how to create SSIS project, see this link. Also, you can get some help from these two documents: Create a project and basic package with SSIS and How to create SSIS package with VS2017. (They applies to both VS2017 and VS2019)

In addition: If you can't find the Integration Services Project, install the extension from this link and try if it helps.

Hope all above helps. Any feedback would be expected.

Sincerely

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 8, 2019 4:01 AM
  • Hi C Jolly,

Sorry to trouble you.

If you think the reply is helpful and could please mark it as answer, that benefits for other community members who meet the similar issue, thanks in advance.

And if you have any other VS IDE issues, please feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Lance

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 3:19 AM