none
Hierarchy between products .NET Platform, .NET Core etc. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I need help with desribing a structure between this products - .NET Platform, .NET Framework, Xamarin and Xamarin.Forms and .NET Core. I know each of these product, but I cannot find hierarchy between them and how they are related.

Thanks!

Friday, November 3, 2017 6:56 PM

Answers

• Hi MagdiR,

Thank you for posting here.

As shown in the figure below, multiple implementations of .NET are available depending on the OS platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android and Windows 10 UWP) and workload type (server/desktop/mobile), all of them based on open .NET Standards that specify the fundamentals of the platform.

Taking into account the internal frameworks, class libraries and common infrastructure, the following diagram is the current overall picture as of June 2016.

For more details, please refer to the following link.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/cesardelatorre/2016/06/27/net-core-1-0-net-framework-xamarin-the-whatand-when-to-use-it/

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MagdiR Monday, November 6, 2017 6:44 PM
    Monday, November 6, 2017 8:46 AM

All replies

• Hi MagdiR,

Thank you for posting here.

As shown in the figure below, multiple implementations of .NET are available depending on the OS platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android and Windows 10 UWP) and workload type (server/desktop/mobile), all of them based on open .NET Standards that specify the fundamentals of the platform.

Taking into account the internal frameworks, class libraries and common infrastructure, the following diagram is the current overall picture as of June 2016.

For more details, please refer to the following link.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/cesardelatorre/2016/06/27/net-core-1-0-net-framework-xamarin-the-whatand-when-to-use-it/

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MagdiR Monday, November 6, 2017 6:44 PM
    Monday, November 6, 2017 8:46 AM
  • Thanks a lot Wendy! It helps me...

MagdiR

Monday, November 6, 2017 6:21 PM