none
Register my new DLL in Windows 7

Question

• I have made a new graphics engine on top of DirectX 11 in Visual C++ 2005 as a Dynamic Link Library.
    How do I make a self registering entry point for Windows 7 so that other people can include it in a game installer?
    Any other way of registering can also be suggested if it is safe to use for a beginner in registry editing.
    How do I generate the hexadecimal code so that noone else has the same key in the registry?
    Monday, October 18, 2010 1:34 PM

Answers

• Here is information on registering your server DLL: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms693350(VS.85).aspx Keep in mind this is only for COM servers. Users of your library will call CoCreateInstance with your ID to get an interface to your code, just as they do with DirectX.

You can use the GUID generator tool that comes with Visual Studio 2005 Professional to generate a unique hexadecimal code for your class and interface definitions.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:01 AM

All replies

• Here is information on registering your server DLL: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms693350(VS.85).aspx Keep in mind this is only for COM servers. Users of your library will call CoCreateInstance with your ID to get an interface to your code, just as they do with DirectX.

You can use the GUID generator tool that comes with Visual Studio 2005 Professional to generate a unique hexadecimal code for your class and interface definitions.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:01 AM
  • The GUID tool was easy but the rest may take another year to learn.
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:45 AM
  •  

Hi,

I'm very interested your issue, did you solve your problem?

If so please share the solution with us and mark the right answers.

If not please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Jesse

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:49 AM
  • I am still trying to learn all the new words in the documentation. It would be great if someone could make a guide with simple english that beginners can understand and skip the advanced things that most people don't need. There are many beginner guides about how to make a DLL component in C++ but all of them are useless if they can't run on another computer when Windows 2000 is dead.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 12:32 PM