• Hi,

I am using the following DGQL to get the .dgml file for my sample 

+ Id.Equals("Microsoft.FileSystem.SelectFiles") /
    "Microsoft.FileSystem.ProcessFile"(
    <Dlls path here>)/
    * /
    "Node:Both:CodeSchema_Namespace"/
    * /
    "Node:Both:CodeSchema_Class","Node:Both:CodeSchema_Enum","Node:Both:CodeSchema_Interface"/
    * /
    "Node:Both:CodeSchema_Member"/
    * /
    "Link:Forward:CodeSchema_Calls"/

The .dgml file generated with above query gets nodes from Project to methods,fields and dependencies among them. 

But I would like to get dependencies till the class level i.e Projects, namespaces, classes, interfaces,enums, and call,contains,references,inherits, etc dependencies among them. I do not want methods and fields/properties in the .dgml file. What change do I need to in my query?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

NeelAK

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:49 AM

All replies

• Hi NeelAK,

According to your description, I have searched and tried to reproduce this issue in my side. However, since there are a few documents about DGQL, I blocked in generating .dgml file using the command line that you provide above.

Could you please share us with more steps about generating .dgml file, and then I will try to reproduce in my side and research this issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 10:54 AM
  • Hi,

This is the link to provided to generate .dgml file out of DGQL. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/visualstudio/visual-studio-2010/dd409453(v=vs.100)?redirectedfrom=MSDN#generate-graph-documents-for-batch-processing

Regards,
    NeelAK

Friday, September 27, 2019 4:06 AM
  • Hi NeelAK,

You could see specific dependencies in the VS IDE:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/modeling/map-dependencies-across-your-solutions?view=vs-2015&redirectedfrom=MSDN#SeeSpecificSource

You could choose Filters on the code map toolbar and select the types you are interested in:

Is it what you want to get? If not or I misunderstand this issue, feel free to let me know:)

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 6:45 AM