none
Is it possible to create SDK for Web applications which was developed in Visual C#? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am exploring about SDK. As of my searching, I can find SDK creation links for Windows application.

Can we create SDK for Web application too? If so, share the links please.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Parvatha Solai.N

• Moved by May Luo-MSFT Sunday, May 5, 2019 5:50 AM VSX issue
    Friday, May 3, 2019 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Parvatha Solai,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

As I know, there are not available web template to create SDK in C# or VB. Only template is windows runtime component, as I shown in below:

If you are interesting to create SDK, please check this walkthrough: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/extensibility/walkthrough-creating-an-sdk-using-csharp-or-visual-basic?view=vs-2019#createClassLibrary

Thank you for your understanding and wish a beautiful day!

Sincerely

May  

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by May Luo-MSFT Monday, May 6, 2019 7:58 AM
    Sunday, May 5, 2019 7:19 AM
  • Hi Parvatha Solai,

Does our reply could eliminate your confusion?

Please give us a feedback if it unblocks you, share us idea or mark helpful reply as answer. After that I will help you close this issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 6:37 AM
  • Hi May,

Thanks for the reply. The links explains to create SDKs for windows applications.

So,we could not create SDKs for the web applications/.Net Core applications? or any workaround /third party solutions to create SDKs for the web applications ?

Let me explain the scenario.We have created web applications. We will deploy,without exposing the source code to the client. If customer needs feature enhancement/ or changes in existing, we would like to give provision to handle by themselves(without our support).

Any suggestion or idea to handle this please. 

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 8:18 AM
  • Hi Parvatha Solai,

To assist you better, I escalated your question to team for a further investigate.

please keep more patient and I will update the newest progress here as soon as any workaround be proposed.

Sincerely

May

Friday, May 17, 2019 9:27 AM
  • Hi Parvatha,

Refer to SDKManifest.xml to see what type apps can consume SDKs that you create.

From the doc above, you can "specify the SDKs that are available in the Reference Manager by specifying available Visual Studio project types. Nine values are recognized: WindowsAppContainer, VisualC, VB, CSharp, WindowsXAML, JavaScript, Managed, and Native." No .NET Web Application listed here.

For your requirement, you can create your own Class Library project and consume the assembly in other projects.

Best Regards,

Charles

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 24, 2019 3:19 AM